British Ambassador to Hungary
We develop and maintain the important and longstanding relations between the United Kingdom and Hungary. We deal with a wide range of political, commercial, consular, security and economic questions of interest to the UK and Hungary.
We promote bilateral political relations between the UK and Hungary, and work closely with the Hungarian government to address international issues of concern through cooperation and projects between the UK and Hungarian partners.
Our UK Trade and Investment section supports British exports to, and investment in Hungary, providing a wide range of services to both British and Hungarian businesses.
Through our public diplomacy section we provide information about Britain and British government policies to the media and to the general public. We also offer press, radio and television services for journalists.
We provide consular services and help to British citizens in Hungary. We issue Emergency Travel Documents (ETD) and register births and deaths of British subjects in Hungary.
Out of hours emergency assistance
British nationals who need emergency assistance outside normal office hours should call +36 1 266 2888 where they will be given details on how to proceed and how to contact a duty officer if needed.
Information, news and updates, listed country by country, to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling abroad.
UK and Hungarian benefits for British citizens living in Hungary, and administrative information for British nationals moving to Hungary.
How to renew or replace your British passport if you live outside the UK and information on getting replacement travel documents if your passport is lost or stolen.
Information about official documents, certificates, letters, and notes.
How to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.
Information on how you can register a birth or death which occurred overseas, and legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.
Please note that the British Embassy in Budapest no longer deals with visa enquiries.
Due to changes in the operation model of issuing visas to the United Kingdom, a new visa application procedure has been introduced in Hungary starting from 27 March 2014.
Teleperformance Ltd now assumes responsibility for visa application receipt in Hungary. A user pay fee has been set at £59.00 (payable in Euros according to the prevailing Consular Rate of Exchange), and agreed by the UK Parliament. For more information please visit Teleperformance’s website regarding services, processes and fees.
The Teleperformance clinic is located at Regus EMKE, Rákóczi u. 42, 1072 Budapest, and is open to the public between 09:00 and 13:00 each second Thursday (off peak periods) and weekly during peak periods. Applications will only be accepted where a prior appointment has been made.
For information on whether you require a visa for the United Kingdom please visit the UK Border Agency website.
A list of English speaking lawyers and interpreters who may be able to help you with official transactions in Hungary. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government.
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above we can also:
- provide information about transferring funds
- provide appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital
- help people with mental illness
- do all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives overseas, missing people and kidnapping
- contact family or friends for you if you want
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
UK law says we have to charge for some services. Details of our current fees and the standards of service you can expect to receive are on display in our consular office.
What our consulate cannot do for you
Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
- make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
- make business arrangements on your behalf
- assist with visa application enquiries
Deputy Head of Mission, Hungary
British Embassy Budapest
Harmincad utca 6
Telephone +36 (1) 266 2888
Fax (public diplomacy/management) +36 (1) 266 0907
Fax (consular/visa/UKTI) +36 (1) 429 6296
Fax (policy) +36 (1) 429 6301
Email (trade and investment enquiries) email@example.com
Email (consular & passport enquiries) firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact form http://www.ge2hu.tpcon...
Visa Info Services - additional charges may apply 00-36-46-808014 local number or 00-44-1243-213-291 international number
The British Embassy in Budapest no longer deals with visa applications.
Please visit Teleperformance Ltd's website on up-to-date information on visa application processes, fees and on how to book an appointment. http://www.ge2hu.tpcontact.co.uk/