The Malmö FF v Celtic takes place in Sweden, but this page also includes advice for fans staying in neighbouring Denmark.
Date: 25 August 2015
Venue: Swedbank stadion
Kick off time: 8.45pm (local time)
Before you leave the UK
- British citizens don’t need a visa to travel to Sweden or Denmark, but your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay
- Make sure the next of kin details are kept up to date in your passport, and remember to keep your passport safe at all times
- Remember to get your free European Health Insurance Card EHIC before leaving the UK; the EHIC isn’t a substitute for medical and travel insurance, but it will enable you to access public healthcare provided in Sweden or Denmark at a reduced cost, or sometimes for free; it will cover you for treatment until you return to the UK
- Before you leave the UK, take out comprehensive travel insurance
Getting to the stadium Walking: Swedbank Stadium is located in central Malmö. It takes about 45 minutes to walk from Malmö Central Station to the stadium.
By public transport: From Malmö Central Station, take bus number 3 which stops at Swedbank stadion. For more routes, check the Skånetrafikens website
By taxi: Taxis can be expensive. Always ask for the price before you get in the taxi.
At the match
- The stadium gates open 90 minutes before kick-off
- Items banned in stadiums in the UK are likely to be banned at the Swedbank stadium as well
- Sections 17 and 18 are dedicated to Celtic fans – entrance from gate E
If something goes wrong
The emergency number for police, ambulance and fire services is 112 As in any other cities, beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers in public areas - only carry what you need and leave spare cash and valuables in the hotel safety deposit box.
Pickpockets and organised thieves are known to operate on the train between Copenhagen and Malmo. Take extra care with luggage and bags stored in the overhead compartment, where bags are regularly taken while the unsuspecting owner sits unaware.
You may need to apply for an emergency travel document (ETD). The fee for an ETD is £95 payable by local currency or Visa/MasterCard credit cards. You’ll need to submit one passport photo in colour and a paper copy of your flight details when you apply.
Please note that you need to book an appointment before you visit the embassy.
The contact details for our consular sections are:
British Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark Kastelvej 36-40 2100 Copenhagen Tel: +45 35 44 52 00 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book an appointment: Click here to get to our booking tool
British Embassy Stockholm, Sweden Skarpögatan 6-8 115 93 Stockholm Tel: +46 8 671 3000 Email: email@example.com
To Book an appointment: Click here to get to our booking tool
Enjoy the game!