Enjoy a trouble-free summer music festival season in Slovenia
Read our essential advice for festival goers this year - how to stay safe so you can have a good time.
Every year, increasing number of Brits attend the music festivals in Slovenia. Whilst the vast majority of festival goers have a great time with no problems, those that do need help is almost always because their passport has been lost or stolen. This is the last thing you want to deal with - replacing it can be a hassle, it is expensive and could mean you miss out on the festival fun. Abuse of drugs can be a problem, too – drug penalties in Slovenia can be severe.
Before you set off, do these six simple things:
- get travel insurance and check what it covers
- leave a photocopy of your passport with your family in the UK
- fill in the last page of your passport with your emergency contacts
- check with the festival organisers if you can pre-book a safety locker at the festival
- check our travel advice
- follow us on Twitter
When you arrive, make sure you:
- lock your valuables in one of the lockers available on site
- if camping, don’t leave anything valuable in your tent
- carry a photocopy of your passport with you and leave the original locked away
- have one of your cash cards and some cash separate from the rest of your valuables just in case
- be extra careful in large crowds, keep your cash in a zipped pocked or bag
- look after your friends
- follow the instructions of the event organisers and Slovene Police whenever necessary
After it’s over, be extra vigilant:
- bear in mind you will be tired, which makes you more vulnerable
- don’t fall asleep on the beach if you have your valuables on you
- public transport can be busy so give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport or to get your train
If something goes wrong:
Our consular section is available to offer help and support if you have been hospitalised, arrested or are a victim of crime. You can call us on +386 1 200 3910 if you need help, advice or an Emergency Travel Document. Take a look at what else the Embassy can and cannot do for you at Our services.
Take a look at the Summer Checklist below:
PDF, 774KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.