Number of entries by age group and subject for GCSEs, level 1 / 2 certificates, AS and A levels in England for the summer 2017 exam series.
- GCSE entries in 2017 (5.1m) increased by over 3% compared to 2016 - the increase is mostly in English language and English literature.
- GCSE entries are mostly from year 11 students - entries from both year 11 and year 12 and above have increased in 2017 compared to 2016, while entries from year 10 and below have fallen overall.
- Overall in 2017 entries in EBacc subjects increased (by 9%) and entries in non-EBacc decreased (by 11%) compared to 2016.
- A level entries have remained stable compared to 2016.
- AS entries have dropped substantially (42% fewer than 2016) and are now fewer than A level.
We are publishing our statistical releases in a new format and would really like to hear your views on it. Please send any comments on this statistical release and how to improve it to meet your needs to email@example.com.