Healthcare professionals can use these resources to understand:
- outcomes of alcohol and drug treatment services in secure settings in England
- the profile of adults and young people accessing alcohol and drug treatment services in secure settings
The data will help with planning, commissioning and improving services in prisons and other secure settings.
The report and accompanying tables present statistical analysis of treatment data from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018. Treatment centres in prisons and secure settings across England submitted the data to Public Health England (PHE).
These secure settings include:
- immigration removal centres
- young offender institutions for 18- to 21-year-olds
- young offender institutions for under 18-year-olds
- secure training centres
- secure children’s homes
- welfare only homes
PHE collects data on patients receiving treatment, details of their treatment and the outcomes.