Healthcare professionals can use these statistics to understand:
- the availability and effectiveness of alcohol and drug treatment services for young people (under 18 years old) in England
- trends in drug and alcohol use among the young people receiving treatment
- the profile of young people accessing alcohol and drug treatment services
The report and accompanying tables contain statistical analysis of treatment data from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
Young people’s treatment centres from across England submitted the data to NDTMS.
Specialist substance misuse services support young people to:
- address their alcohol and drug use
- reduce the harm it causes them
- prevent it from becoming a bigger problem as they get older
These services are part of a wider network of prevention services that support young people with a range of issues and help them to build resilience.
For annual statistical reports before 2016 to 2017 visit the UK Government Web Archive.