Healthcare professionals can use these resources to understand:
- the availability and effectiveness of alcohol and drug treatment for adults in England
- trends in drug and alcohol use among adults receiving treatment
- the profile of adult patients accessing alcohol and drug treatment services
The summary, the full report and tables present statistical analysis of treatment data from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018. Treatment centres from across England submitted the data to Public Health England (PHE).
These treatment centres include:
- community-based specialist drug and alcohol services
- primary care services
- residential rehabilitation centres
- inpatient units
PHE collects data on patients receiving treatment, details of their treatment and the outcomes.
For previous annual statistical reports and data visit the UK Government Web Archive.