- The number of requests for special consideration has increased by 20%, from 413,150 in summer 2013 to 496,500 for the summer 2014 exam series
- This is in the context of an 18% increase in the number of scripts
- Just under 3% of all scripts received approval for special consideration in the summer 2014 exam series
- From the requests for special consideration there were 456,450 approvals (92%), compared with 372,700 approvals in 2013, a 22% increase, but in line with the increase in scripts marked
- For the third year running, the most common mark adjustment made was 3% of the maximum mark of a question paper
Ofqual would like to invite you to take part in the online survey for this release.
It will take about 10 minutes to complete and your responses will remain entirely confidential in any reports published about the survey.