This report summarises people’s experiences of and attitudes towards air travel. The report is based on a module of questions included in the Office for National Statistics’ Omnibus Survey in February 2010. The questions were commissioned and designed by the Department for Transport (DfT).
This report covers the following issues:
- the frequency of air travel and anticipated changes to levels of air travel in the future.
- how people travel to airports.
- how air passengers rate their experiences at airports.
- public attitudes towards air travel, particularly in relation to airport expansion and the environmental consequences of air travel.
- willingness to pay more for air travel to reflect environmental damage.
Broader information on Public attitudes and aviation statistics, including supporting technical documentation, can be found here: