- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, Maritime sector, and Traffic, indices and quarterly breakdowns (PORT05)
- 15 March 2017
Provisional quarterly statistics on freight handled by UK major ports for October to December 2016.
PDF, 319KB, 2 pages
PDF, 279KB, 19 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Provisional quarterly statistics on freight handled at major UK sea ports.
When comparing October to December 2016 to the same period in 2015, we see:
- total freight tonnage through UK major ports decreased by 4% to 117.2 million tonnes
- unitised traffic through UK major ports remained similar at 5.6 million units
When comparing 2016 with 2015, we see:
- total tonnage through UK major ports decreased by 3% to 473.5 million tonnes
- unitised traffic increased by 1% to 23.8 million units
Detailed final annual statistics for 2016 will be published in September 2017.
User engagement exercise
The results from our user engagement exercise, which ran from 14 November 2016 to 22 December 2016, are available to view. If you would like to provide additional feedback or discuss the results further please contact the Maritime Statistics team.
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4847
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4847
Published: 15 March 2017