- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, Maritime sector, and Traffic, indices and quarterly breakdowns (PORT05)
- 14 June 2017
Provisional quarterly statistics on freight handled by UK major ports for January to March 2017.
PDF, 438KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on freight handled at major UK sea ports.
When comparing January to March 2017 to the same period in 2016:
- total freight tonnage decreased 1% to 115.9 million tonnes
- unitised traffic remained similar at 5.3 million units
When comparing the rolling year to March 2017 with the same period in 2016:
- total tonnage decreased 1% to 472.7 million tonnes
- unitised traffic increased 1% to 23.8 million units
Detailed final annual statistics for 2017 will be published in September 2018.
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Published: 14 June 2017