- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, Maritime sector, and Traffic, indices and quarterly breakdowns (PORT05)
- 13 September 2017
Provisional quarterly statistics on freight handled by UK major ports for April to June 2017.
PDF, 368KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Provisional quarterly statistics on freight handled at major UK sea ports.
When comparing April to June 2017 with April to June 2016:
- total freight tonnage through UK major ports remained similar at 120.5 million tonnes
- total volume of unitised traffic through UK major ports decreased 2% to 6.1 million units
When comparing the rolling year to June 2017 to June 2016:
- total tonnage through UK major ports decreased 2% to 471.9 million tonnes
- total volume of unitised traffic remained similar at 23.9 million units
Detailed final annual statistics for 2017 will be published in September 2018.
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4847
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4847
Published: 13 September 2017