Port freight statistics: April to June 2016
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, Maritime sector, and Traffic, indices and quarterly breakdowns (PORT05)
- First published:
- 14 September 2016
Provisional quarterly statistics on freight handled by major UK ports, April to June 2016.
PDF, 305KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
A summary of the latest provisional quarterly statistics on freight handled by major UK sea ports. Detailed final annual statistics for 2016 will be published in September 2017.
Comparing April to June 2016 to the same period last year, we see:
- total freight tonnage through UK major ports remained similar at 120.3 million tonnes
- unitised traffic through UK major ports increased by 1% to 6.1 million units
Comparing the 4 quarters ending June 2016 with the 4 quarters ending June 2015, we see:
- total tonnage of freight traffic through UK major ports decreased by 1% to 479.6 million tonnes
- total unitised traffic increased by 2% to 23.7 million units
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4863
Published: 14 September 2016