The main findings are:
- The overall number of entries for GCSE in England in November 2015 is up in comparison with November 2014 from 58,880 to 68,170 – an increase of 16%.
- The overall number of GCSE entries from students in year 11 and below in November 2015 has decreased by 51% from 12,840 in November 2014 to 6,260.
- The overall number of GCSE entries from students in year 12 and above in November 2015 increased by 34% from 46,040 in November 2014 to 61,920, which represents 91% of the total number of entries in November 2015.
- There was an increase in the number of entries in GCSE mathematics and English language but a decrease in the number of entries for GCSE English.
- The Level 1/ Level 2 certificate English language entry for November 2015 has increased by 42% from 29,130 in 2014 to 41,460 in November 2015.
We are running a series of surveys to find out how we can improve our statistical publications. We would like to hear your views on this publications.
Our survey only takes a few minutes to complete.