Information on the number of incidents of malpractice in the GCSE and A level in summer 2014 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- There were 2,550 penalties issued to candidates in the summer 2014 exam series, a 1.5% decrease from last year (2,590 penalties)
- Penalties for candidate malpractice remained extremely rare across all five exam boards with 2,550 penalties issued representing 0.012% of the total number of entries
- The number of penalties issued to candidates for possessing a mobile phone or other electronic device is up slightly on last year, from 810 to 850
- There were 119 penalties issued to school and college staff in 2014, up from 100 penalties last year
- There were 217 penalties issued to schools and colleges, up from 140 last year
Ofqual is running a rolling series of online surveys to make sure its statistical releases meet your needs.
Ofqual would like to invite you to take part in the online survey for this release
It will take about ten minutes to complete and your responses will remain entirely confidential in any reports published about the survey.