This statistical release contains statistics on insolvency in England and Wales for Q1 2015, both for companies (company insolvency) and for people (individual insolvency). It also includes related statistics for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Total company insolvencies in England and Wales were at their lowest level since Q4 2007.
- Creditors’ voluntary liquidations were at their lowest level since Q2 2008. However, compulsory liquidations increased for the first time since Q1 2014.
- The number of administrations increased on the previous quarter but were down on the year, while receiverships and company voluntary arrangements both declined to their lowest level since Q4 2007.
- The total number of people who became insolvent in England and Wales decreased for the third successive quarter, to the lowest level since Q4 2005.
- The number of individual voluntary arrangements was at its lowest level since Q4 2008. Both bankruptcies and debt relief orders continued to decrease.