This statistical release contains the latest quarterly statistics on insolvency in England and Wales, both for companies (company insolvency) and for people (individual insolvency). It also includes related statistics for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- The number of company liquidations in England and Wales decreased compared with April to June 2013.
- Administrations, company voluntary arrangements and receiverships were also lower than a year ago.
- The number of people who became insolvent in England and Wales increased compared with April to June 2013.
- This is because of an increase of one-fifth in the number of individual voluntary arrangements.
- Bankruptcies and debt relief orders decreased.