Find further breakdowns of these statistics in Stat-Xplore, an online tool for exploring some of the Department for Work and Pensions’ (DWP’s) main statistics. You can use Stat-Xplore to create your own customised tables and charts.
Statistics on Work Capability Assessment mandatory reconsiderations are available on Stat-Xplore for the first time. These cover the registration and clearance of mandatory reconsiderations as well as new lower-level geography breakdowns, by region, local authority and Westminster parliamentary constituency.
This publication provides statistics on:
- the outcomes of completed ESA Work Capability Assessments
- claims still in progress
- claims closed before the Work Capability Assessment process is complete
- outcomes of completed appeals for ESA Work Capability Assessments
This release also includes:
ESA Work Capability Assessment mandatory reconsideration registrations and outcomes to July 2019
- statistics on ESA Work Capability Assessment mandatory reconsideration clearance times to July 2019
- more detailed ‘experimental’ cohort information
ESA clearance times, including regional breakdowns, to March 2019
- completed appeals outcomes for initial Work Capability Assessments to June 2019
The publication covers both new and repeat ESA claims and information on claims undergoing reassessment of incapacity benefits for ESA in Great Britain.
Read background information on these statistics in ESA: outcomes of Work Capability Assessment policies and statements.
Find more about DWP statistics and contact details on the Statistics at DWP page.
Find details of future DWP statistics releases in the statistics release calendar.
Next release date: December 2019.