Information on the number of entries and late entries in GCSE and A level in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- There has been a 6% decrease in GCSE entries and a 15% decrease in A level entries
- There were 503,200 GCSE entries that were late in the 2013/14 academic year, compared with 1,252,700 in 2012/13
- The proportion of GCSE entries that were late in 2013/14 was 3%, compared with 7% in 2012/13
- There were 173,400 A level entries that were late in the 2013/14 academic year, compared with 295,900 in 2012/13
- The proportion of A level entries that were late in 2013/14 was 2.9%, compared with 4.1% in 2012/13
Ofqual is running a rolling series of online surveys to make sure its statistical releases meet your needs.
Ofqual would like to invite you to take part in the online survey for this release.
It will take about 10 minutes to complete. Your responses will remain entirely confidential in any reports published about the survey.