Access arrangements in exams allow students with particular requirements to perform to their best ability.
- The number of requests for access arrangements is up 10% on 2012/13 at 271,850 and is more in line with 2011/2012, when there were 276,650 requests
- These requests are for 168,400 candidates, up 9% on 2012/13
- The number of requests approved is up by 9% on 2012/13 at 248,950 which is down on 2011/12 when there were 257,450 approvals
- There were 132,050 approved requests for the most frequently granted access arrangement, of up to 25% extra time, an increase of 11% compared with 2012/13, but down 2% on 2011/12
- The number of approved requests for modified papers has also increased to 28,700 in summer 2014, compared with 18,400 in 2013, an increase of 56%
- This increase is partly explained by the increase in scripts, up by 18% on the summer 2013
- The number of modified papers represents 0.18% of the total scripts marked, up from 0.14% in summer 2013
Ofqual is running a rolling series of online surveys to make sure its statistical releases meet your needs.
Ofqual would like to invite you to take part in the online survey for this release. It will take about 10 minutes to complete and your responses will remain entirely confidential in any reports published about the survey.