Access arrangements allow skills and knowledge to be demonstrated by candidates with disabilities, temporary illnesses or special educational needs.
The key findings for this release are:
- There were 284,300 requests for access arrangements, up 5% on 2013/14.
- These requests were for 173,850 candidates, up 3% on 2013/14 with the total number of candidates being stable between 2013/2014 and 2014/2015.
- There were 255,850 requests approved, up 3% on 2013/14.
- There were 138,550 approved requests for the most frequently granted access arrangement of 25% extra time, a 5% increase compared with 2013/14.
- The number of approved requests for modified papers has increased by 26% on 2013/14 , from 28,750 to 36,150.
- There were 10,150 approved requests for non-interactive electronic question papers (a type of modified paper introduced from summer 2014), an increase of 111% on 2013/14.
We are running a series of surveys to find out how we can improve our statistical publications. We would like to hear your views on this publications.
Our survey only takes a few minutes to complete.