DECC has collected and compiled estimates of electricity consumption at regional (NUTS1) and local authority levels (LAU1 – formally NUTS 4.
DECC has collected and compiled estimates of electricity consumption at regional (NUTS1) and local authority levels (LAU1 – formally NUTS 4) using aggregated Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) readings throughout Great Britain as part of DECC’s annual meter point electricity data exercise.
In March 2008, this electricity consumption dataset gained National Statistics status. This status applies to all data from 2005 onwards. Please note that the 2003 and 2004 data are still classed as experimental.
Electricity consumption statistics for 2003 to 2004 (experimental), and 2005 to 2014 (National Statistics) are available below. Included in the dataset are estimates of:
- sub-national electricity consumption for all MPRNs in Great Britain
- number of electricity meters in Great Britain
- domestic electricity consumption and meter numbers
- non-domestic electricity consumption and meter numbers
- average domestic consumption per meter (at a regional level)
- average non-domestic consumption per meter (at a regional level)
For more information on regional and local authority data, please contact:
Energy consumption and regional statistics team
Department of Energy and Climate Change
3 Whitehall Place
London SW1A 2AW