Statistical data set
Reported drinking and driving (RAS51)
Reported drink and drive statistics tables, produced by Department for Transport.
Reported drink drive accidents and casualties (estimates): Great Britain, annually from 1979 (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 49.5KB)
Estimated number of reported drink drive accidents and casualties, Great Britain, annual from 2001 (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 158KB)
Drivers and riders killed: percentage over the legal blood alcohol limit, Great Britain, annual from 2001 (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 49KB)
Proportion of killed drivers/riders resulting from reported accidents in each BAC, by age (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 130KB)
Blood alcohol levels of reported fatalities aged 16 and over, Great Britain (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 111KB)
Estimated number of reported drink drive accidents and casualties, by month, Great Britain (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 49.5KB)
Reported drink drive accidents, by time of day, Great Britain (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 102KB)
Reported drink drive accidents by pedestrian involvement, Great Britain (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 114KB)
Reported roadside screening breath tests and breath test failures, England and Wales, annual from 2001 (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 28KB)
Estimated number of reported drink drive accidents and casualties, by region, Great Britain (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 56KB)
Self-reported drink driving (ODS, 8.5KB)
Self-reported drink driving by age and sex (ODS, 11.2KB)
Self-reported drug driving (ODS, 8.37KB)
Self-reported drug driving by age and sex (ODS, 11.6KB)
Road safety statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 6595
Published: 6 February 2014
Updated: 29 September 2016
- Table 51002 to 004, 008, 010, 014, 015, 017, 018, 020, 021, 101 to 104, updated to 2015 data.
- Table 51001, 006, 007, 009, 011, 012, 013, 016 and 019 updated.
- Table 51001 updated with the latest estimates for 2014.
- Tables 51002 to 004, 010, 017 to 021, 51101 to 51104 updated for the year 2014.
- Tables 51001 to 51016 updated.
- Tables 51001, 51101 to 51104 updated for the latest provisional estimates in 2013.
- Tables 51001 to 51021 updated to the latest data for 2013.
- Table RAS51001 updated to include data for drink drive accidents for 2012.
- Self-reported drug driving statistics updated.
- RAS51 - Reported drinking and driving. Table RAS51001 updated.
- First published.