Statutory guidance on inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
This guidance is for:
- local authority chief executives
- directors of children’s services
- chairs of local safeguarding children boards (LSCBs)
- teachers and education staff
- social workers
- health service professionals
- adult services
- police officers
- voluntary and community sector workers in contact with children and families
It applies to:
- local authorities
- all schools
This replaces ‘Working together to safeguard children’ (2013).
Statutory guidance is issued by law; you must follow it unless there’s a good reason not to.
Published: 26 March 2015
Updated: 16 February 2017
- Minor amendment to the guidance to add the definition of child sexual exploitation.
- First published.