Statutory guidance for local authorities and their partners to stop children going missing and to protect those who do.
Ref: DFE-00009-2014 PDF, 348KB, 30 pages
This statutory guidance is for:
- local authorities (LAs)
- chief executives and directors of children’s services
- local safeguarding children’s board partners
- managers and practitioners working with children and young people
- police forces
- other professionals working with children and young people who go missing or run away from home and care
It sets out the steps LAs and their partners should take to prevent children from going missing and to protect them when they do.
The flowchart shows the roles and responsibilities when a child goes missing from care.
This guidance replaces the 2009 statutory guidance.
A report into the consultation on the statutory guidance on children who run away or go missing from home or care is also available.
Published: 17 January 2014
Updated: 24 January 2014
- Updated statutory guidance to include a link to (http://www.childrenssociety.org.uk/what-we-do/resources) to the document.
- First published.