- Competition and Markets Authority
- Part of:
- How the CMA investigates competition and consumer issues and Mergers
- 13 November 2015
Guidance on the CMA’s procedure and approach to its assessment when reviewing mergers involving water enterprises.
Ref: CMA49 PDF, 785KB, 46 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
PDF, 284KB, 8 pages
This guidance provides advice and general information on the Competition and Markets Authority’s (CMA) procedures and assessment in water and sewerage mergers in England and Wales under the Water Industry Act 1991 as amended by the Water Act 2014.
This guidance replaces:
- Water Merger References: Competition Commission Guidelines (CC9)
- Mergers of water or sewerage undertakings in England and Wales: explanatory note (CMA2supp)
- Paragraphs 17.1 to 17.6 of Mergers: Guidance on the CMA’s jurisdiction and procedure (CMA2)
CMA and Ofwat’s statement of intent explains the working relationship between these organisations, for phase 1 merger inquiries, in more detail.
Published: 13 November 2015