- Valuation Office Agency
- Part of:
- Request for rental information for specific business types
- 13 February 2013
- Last updated:
- 1 July 2016, see all updates
Complete the Valuation Office Agency’s (VOA) request for rental information form to help us assess the rateable value of non-domestic property.
This information submitted in this form is used to ensure the assessment of rateable value on a non-domestic property is correct. Local authorities use rateable value to calculate business rates.
There are a range of different property types eg hotels, pubs, petrol filling stations. This form is for general category properties. For specific types of business property there are other forms available on the complete list of rental request forms.
The main features of the online form are:
- it ensures that you provide all the information we need, so we don’t have to contact you for more details
- it lets you save your progress as you go, so you don’t have to fill the form all at once and you can come back later
- it keeps your information secure and is accredited by HMRC’s security assurance process
When issued you must return this form within 56 days from the day you receive it. If you do not return this form within 56 days you will be liable to a penalty of £100 see paragraph 5A(1) of Schedule 9 to the Local Government Finance Act 1988 (“the Act”).
Published: 13 February 2013
Updated: 1 July 2016
- Reviewed as part of the release of the Rent and Lease Details online form.
- Link to VO 6003 online application updated
- First published.