Claim a VAT refund if you're a local authority or other body

Claim back VAT if you're a local authority or other body, for example a charity, and you're not registered for VAT, use form VAT126.


VAT: claim for refund of VAT by certain bodies (VAT126)


Use form VAT126 to claim back VAT, for use by local authorities and similar bodies, academies, certain charities and non-departmental bodies or similar public bodies who are not registered for VAT.

Before you start

If you’re using an older browser, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.

Published 4 April 2014
Last updated 23 December 2016 + show all updates
  1. 'Type of body' and 'Declaration' updates have been added.
  2. First published.