Transfer forms for complex transactions (PG21)

How to prepare and complete transfer forms TR1, TR2, TR5 and TP2 for transactions that are not straightforward (practice guide 21).



This guide is aimed at conveyancers.

Original documents are only required if your application is a first registration. We will return the originals once the application has been completed. If your application is not a first registration, we will only need certified copies of deeds or documents you send to us with HM Land Registry applications. Once we have made a scanned copy of the documents you send to us, they will be destroyed. This applies to both originals and certified copies.

We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.

Published 13 October 2003
Last updated 7 May 2019 + show all updates
  1. Section 3 has been amended to include more detail on how to complete the transfer forms for exchanges. This is not a change in practice.
  2. Sections 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8.1 have been updated to reflect the introduction of Land Transaction Tax for transactions affecting land in Wales completed on or after 1 April 2018.
  3. Section 5 has been updated to illustrate when separate fees are payable when a single transfer form is used to transfer properties by multiple owners.
  4. Link to the advice we offer added.
  5. First published.