UK Trade Tariff: trader entry of customs data into CHIEF
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- UK Trade Tariff: volume 3 and Import and export: customs declarations, duties and tariffs
- 1 January 2009
- Last updated:
- 28 April 2016, see all updates
Guidance for traders who enter customs declaration data into the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system.
Information for traders who enter customs declaration data into CHIEF or use the Direct Trader Input (DTI) system at Entry Processing Unit sites.
This publication includes guidance on:
- making changes to entries
- how using CHIEF and DTI affects clearance
- how to use CHIEF’s calculation and interrogation facilities
- the Flexible Accounting System (FAS) used with DTI
Published: 1 January 2009
Updated: 28 April 2016
- Guide updated to include import and export legislation changes from 1 May 2016.
- First published.