UK Trade Tariff: document, certificate and authorisation codes for harmonised declarations
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- UK Trade Tariff: volume 3 and Import and export: customs declarations, duties and tariffs
- First published:
- 1 January 2009
- Last updated:
- 28 April 2017, see all updates
Spreadsheet of document, certificate and authorisation codes for harmonised declarations and details to be declared.
This file is in an OpenDocument format
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
In most cases a reference must be entered. This should either be as quoted on the:
- document/certificate/authorisation etc as indicated by HM Revenue and Customs in this document for definition
- relevant parts of the tariff, for example, Box 44 for licences and custom schemes
- custom procedure codes
- separate instructions, for example Customs Freight Simplified Procedures, or be a trader own reference
In respect of the ‘X’ series (of status codes – see document status codes for harmonised declarations for details) and its relationship with the reference: When document codes are used for declaring licences the document reference is used to identify the licence type.
For example when ‘XB’ is used the reference will be in the form of country code and licence type (for example GBCAP).
For other documents a document reference is not declared.
Published: 1 January 2009
Updated: 28 April 2017
- Spreadsheet amended to remove items Y022 to Y031
- Spreadsheet amended to include the section about multi-component integrated circuits (MCOs)
- UK Trade Tariff: document, certificate and authorisation codes for harmonised declarations spreadsheet updated.
- Details in the declared box (column E) against Y059 and Y060 have been removed.
- First published.