- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- UK Trade Tariff: volume 3 and Import and export: customs declarations, duties and tariffs
- 1 January 2009
- Last updated:
- 7 July 2017, see all updates
Use this spreadsheet for document, certificate and authorisation codes for harmonised declarations and details to be declared.
This file is in an OpenDocument format
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
A reference must be entered for harmonised declarations. This should be one of the following:
- as quoted on the document, certificate, authorisation, or licence reference HM Revenue and Customs gave to you
- as listed in the document certificate and authorisation codes for harmonised declarations
- obtained from the relevant parts of the tariff, for example, box 44 for licences and custom schemes
- the custom procedure codes
- separate instructions, for example, Customs Freight Simplified Procedures
- a trader’s own reference
For the ‘X’ series of status codes and their relationship with the reference:
When document status codes are used for declaring licences the document reference is used to identify the licence type. For example, when ‘XB’ is used the reference will be in the form of a country code and licence type (such as, GBCAP). For other documents, a document reference isn’t declared.
Published: 1 January 2009
Updated: 7 July 2017
- Amendments have been made to the details to be declared box (column E) against document codes U164, U165, U166 and U167.
- Updated to include new codes N864 and U162.
- Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade Certificate (FLEGT) certificate has been added to the list.
- Spreadsheet amended to remove items Y022 to Y031
- Spreadsheet amended to include the section about multi-component integrated circuits (MCOs)
- UK Trade Tariff: document, certificate and authorisation codes for harmonised declarations spreadsheet updated.
- Details in the declared box (column E) against Y059 and Y060 have been removed.
- First published.