TSE restricted cattle: application for movement licence

Form for cattle keepers to apply for a licence to move cattle born or reared in the UK before August 1996 to new premises.

Applies to England, Scotland and Wales


MC62: Application for a licence to move restricted cattle born or reared in the UK before August 1996 to a new premises

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


All cattle born or reared in the UK before 1 August 1996 are subject to movement restrictions. This is to ensure that meat from these older cattle does not enter the food chain.

Under the TSE Regulations, these cattle have been restricted to the premises where they were located. These older cattle have no commercial value when they are no longer able to produce calves and records show that relatively few of them are moved from their holdings.

This form is for cattle keepers who want to move these older cattle to another premises. The licence must be approved before the animal is moved from the restricted premises. A further restriction will be placed on the animal at the new premises. Movements to markets or dealers will not be permitted.

A Welsh translation of this form is available.

Published 3 May 2012
Last updated 6 October 2021 + show all updates
  1. Updated MC62 form.

  2. Document updated

  3. Welsh translation now available

  4. Data protection statement updated on form

  5. AHVLA documents have been re-assigned to the new Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA).

  6. First published.