This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Proposals to ensure the best people progress in the Civil Service, ensuring it remains one of the best and most progressive UK employers.
Part of the Civil Service Reform agenda, the Talent Action Plan introduces a series of new measures to ensure the Civil Service is among the most female-friendly employers in the country, and the most talented people succeed and reach the top positions, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality or disability.
- all-male shortlists for senior recruitment and all-male selection panels will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances
- all departments will nominate board-level diversity champions, with the power to drive change
- all Permanent Secretaries and Directors-General will mentor one or more junior employees
- action to provide women with more tailored support before, during and after maternity leave.
Published: 5 September 2014
Updated: 26 March 2015
- Updated Talent Action Plan published with new sections on Clear Leadership, Talent and Capability produced in response to 3 independent reports looking at staff experiences who are disabled (or with serious health issues), BAME or LGB&T.
- First published.