This report includes a detailed assessment of progress by the food industry, between 2015 and 2018, towards meeting the 20% reduction ambition by 2020 for the sugar reduction programme.
It assesses progress:
- in reducing sugar and calories, in product categories included in the programme
- by retailers and manufacturers
- in the out of home sector
- for drinks covered by the Soft Drinks Industry Levy (SDIL) including an assessment by socio-economic status
- by individual businesses, and in top-selling products in each category
The report also includes case studies supplied by the food industry.