Statutory Firewood Notification Scheme

Use this paper form to notify the Forestry Commission of your plans to import solid fuel wood (firewood) such as logs and kindling into Great Britain.



You must complete and submit a notification form for each new consignment of firewood for import.

Go online to submit notifications

You can notify the Forestry Commission of solid fuel (firewood) imports online. You should enrol on the scheme first.

You’ll get a unique reference number for your consignment. Use this number in any correspondence with us.

How to submit your paper form

Print the form and complete it manually, then post to:

Plant Health Service
Forestry Commission
Silvan House
231 Corstorphine Road
EH12 7AT

Or, you can download and complete the form electronically or scan your manually completed form and email it to

Read the full guide on importing firewood into Great Britain.

Published 26 September 2018
Last updated 6 December 2018 + show all updates
  1. The link to submit your Statutory Firewood Notification online has been updated.
  2. The online version of the notification form has been updated.
  3. First published.