The Cabinet Office has produced this report based on 2014 Small Business Survey, gathered through a telephone survey of business owners and managers in the UK, commissioned by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
The report draws comparisons between social enterprises and other small and medium-sized enterprises from the same sample. It looks at a range of characteristics and experiences of social enterprises including:
- the number of social enterprises and their contribution to the economy
- their profiles and current business performance
- their perceptions on potential obstacles to success
- the types of business support they receive
- their main types of customer