UK Standards for Microbiology Investigations S 7: gastroenteritis and diarrhoea.
The last full scientific review of this document was completed on 23 December 2013.
Further development of syndromic algorithms has ceased and the current documents will remain on the website until they are superseded or withdrawn.
The following SMIs provide supporting information related to this syndromic algorithm:
- B 10: processing of faeces for Clostridium difficile
- B 30: investigation of faecal specimens for enteric pathogens
- B 31: investigation of specimens other than blood for parasites
- B 37: investigation of blood cultures (for organisms other than Mycobacterium species)
- ID 8: identification of Clostridium species