UK Standards for Microbiology Investigations S 5: meningoencephalitis.
The last full scientific review of this document was completed on 8 May 2014.
Further development of syndromic algorithms has ceased and the current documents will remain on the website until they are superseded or withdrawn.
The following SMIs provide supporting information related to this syndromic algorithm:
- B 27: investigation of cerebrospinal fluid
- B 37: investigation of blood cultures (for organisms other than Mycobacterium species)
- G 4: investigation of viral encephalitis and meningitis
- V 11: anti-HIV screening
- V 26: Epstein-Barr virus serology
- V 28: cytomegalovirus serology
- V 43: investigation of viral encephalitis