UK Standards for Microbiology Investigations S 2: pneumonia.
The last full scientific review of this document was completed on 20 July 2011.
Further development of syndromic algorithms has ceased and the current documents will remain on the website until they are superseded or withdrawn.
The following SMIs provide supporting information related to this syndromic algorithm:
- B 26: investigation of fluids from normally sterile sites
- B 37: investigation of blood cultures (for organisms other than Mycobacterium species)
- B 40: investigation of specimens for Mycobacterium species
- B 57: investigation of bronchoalveolar lavage, sputum and associated specimens
- V 28: cytomegalovirus serology