UK Standards for Microbiology Investigations S 1: acute infective hepatitis.
The last full scientific review of this document was completed on 3 February 2010.
Further development of syndromic algorithms has ceased and the current documents will remain on the website until they are superseded or withdrawn.
The following SMIs provide supporting information related to this syndromic algorithm
- B 37: investigation of blood cultures (for organisms other than Mycobacterium species)
- B 41: investigation of urine
- G 5: investigation of hepatitis
- V 4: hepatitis B diagnostic serology in the immunocompetent (including hepatitis B in pregnancy)
- V 5: investigation of hepatitis C infection by antibody testing or combined antigen and antibody assay
- V 11: anti-HIV screening
- V 27: hepatitis A virus acute infection serology
- V 28: cytomegalovirus serology
- V 30: investigation of pregnant women exposed to rash illness
- V 44: serological diagnosis of syphilis