SLASC 2016: technical specification
- Department for Education
- Part of:
- School-level annual school census: closed collections
- 31 July 2015
- Last updated:
- 28 August 2015, see all updates
- Applies to:
Technical specification and validation rules describing the requirements for the school-level annual school census (SLASC) 2016.
Ref: DFE-00216-2015 PDF, 1.1MB, 67 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 50.6KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This file is in an OpenDocument format
This is technical information about submitting data for the school-level annual school census 2016.
- suppliers of software for school management information systems (MIS)
- users of school MIS software
It applies to registered independent schools only.
The specification describes:
- what data schools should supply
- how to structure the data in XML
Software suppliers should use the list of validation rules so that schools can validate the data they submit.
You should also read the common basic data set (CBDS). This defines common data items that schools use in MIS software and that we use in our data collections.
More guidance on submitting data for the school-level annual school census is available.
Published: 31 July 2015
Updated: 28 August 2015
- Updated both the business and technical specification document and the validation rules.
- First published.