- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Immunisation patient group direction (PGD) templates
- 14 July 2015
- Last updated:
- 8 August 2017, see all updates
PGD template to support the national shingles (Zostavax®) vaccination programme for eligible adults.
Ref: Publications Gateway Reference 2015185 MS Word Document, 152KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This patient group direction (PGD) template is to support the administration of shingles (herpes zoster, live) vaccine in accordance with the national shingles (herpes zoster) immunisation programme.
It is valid from 20 July 2017 to 31 March 2019.
Practitioners must not use this PGD template until it has been authorised in Section 2. This is a legal requirement (see Human Medicines Regulations 2012). Practitioners should follow local policy or procedures to access authorised PGD documents.
Published: 14 July 2015
Updated: 8 August 2017
- Revised document to correct inclusion criteria date from 2013 to 2012 and add DOB note.
- Updated patient group direction template to allow vaccination from turn of age 70 or 78
- Updated patient group direction template valid up to 31 August 2017
- Updated PGD to allow for intramuscular administration (in line with the amended product license).
- Updated the shingles PGD to include detailed information on the use of the shingles vaccine in immunosuppressed individuals.
- First published.