Shingles vaccination leaflet
This leaflet describes shingles and the benefits of vaccination for adults.
PDF, 366KB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
From 1 September 2016, people who are or will be 70, 78 or 79 years of age on that date are eligible for the shingles vaccination.
This leaflet explains:
- what shingles is and how you get it
- how the vaccine works to protect eligible people from shingles
- when and how to get the vaccine
Order paper copies through the DH order line link.
Health and Social Care Publications orderline
Health and Social Care Publications
PO Box 777
Contact form https://www.orderline....
Telephone: 0300 123 1002
Copies of most printed publications can now be ordered online. Login to register and place your order.
Published: 16 July 2013
Updated: 26 August 2016
- Updated for 2016 immunisation programme.
- New shingles vaccination leaflet describing shingles, benefits of vaccination and eligibility from September 2015. Order leaflet copies through the DH order line link.
- The dates of birth of eligible 78- and 79-year-olds have been amended on p. 6.
- Added current leaflet explaining the extended vaccination programme.
- First published.