Exceptional learning support - cost form
Use this form to submit estimated costs and final claims for exceptional learning support.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Exceptional learning support (ELS) for 2016 to 2017
The 2016 to 2017 cost form is for providers and employers and must be used to submit estimated and final costs for the 2016 to 2017 funding year for each learner whose learning support costs exceed £19,000.
Learners who require support costs of more than £19,000 will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- learners aged 19+ who self-declare a learning difficulty and/or disability (LDD) and with an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- apprentices up to the age of 24 with an EHC plan and all age apprentices, including those without an EHC plan, who self-declare LDD
- loans-funded learners who self-declare LDD as part of the advanced learning loans bursary fund
Further information is available in the Funding Rules 2016 to 2017.
- submit ELS claims at the beginning of the learner’s programme by completing and sending the ELS costs form to Exceptional Learning Support Claims 2016 to 2017
- gain agreement from the SFA for each learner whose support costs more than £19,000 in a funding year by contacting the above email address. You will receive confirmation in writing when the form is completed with relevant information we require.
- get further agreement if the learner’s support needs change significantly during their learning by submitting an updated cost form
- submit a final claim for learners’ ELS no later than two working days after the final ILR return for 2016 to 2017. The final return date is 19 October.
A final claim must be submitted to Exceptional Learning Support Claims 2016 to 2017 by 24 October 2017. Final claims will require further approval by the SFA if they are higher than the approved estimated cost.
Published: 24 February 2014
Updated: 14 October 2016
- New version of ELS cost form 2016 to 2017 uploaded on 14 October 2016.
- Published the 2016 to 2017 exceptional learning support cost form.
- Exceptional learning support form for 2015 to 2016 now published.
- First published.