Sets out the role and purpose of PHE's screening quality assurance (QA) service, providing a common approach for all NHS screening programmes.
Quality assurance (QA) is the process of checking that national standards are met and encouraging continuous improvement.
Public Health England (PHE’s) operating model explains:
- what QA is for NHS screening programmes
- who undertakes QA of NHS screening programmes
- the screening quality assurance service (SQAS) operating model
- who the PHE SQAS works with
- how the PHE SQAS undertakes QA
- what the PHE SQAS will achieve over the next 3 years
- how the screening QA service works