School Governance (Federation) Regulations 2007
Statutory guidance setting out the arrangements for the federation of school governing bodies.
Ref: 00460-2007DOM-EN PDF, 254KB, 26 pages
MS Word Document, 58KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This statutory guidance is for:
- school leaders
- school staff
- governing bodies
- local authorities
It applies to all maintained school in England.
This guidance covers:
- the process for creating or joining a federation
- the composition of federated governing bodies
- the process for schools leaving a federation
- dissolution of a federation
- all aspects of the School Governance (Federations) (England) Regulations 2007
It contains a model instrument of government for federated governing bodies (annex A) which is also available separately for schools to download and fill in.
This guidance replaces the previous guidance issued in December 2004.