Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
School Governance (Federation) Regulations 2007
Statutory guidance setting out the arrangements for the federation of school governing bodies.
This statutory guidance is for:
- school leaders
- school staff
- governing bodies
- local authorities
It applies to all maintained school in England.
This guidance covers:
- the process for creating or joining a federation
- the composition of federated governing bodies
- the process for schools leaving a federation
- dissolution of a federation
- all aspects of the School Governance (Federations) (England) Regulations 2007
It contains a model instrument of government for federated governing bodies (annex A) which is also available separately for schools to download and fill in.
This guidance replaces the previous guidance issued in December 2004.