Technical specification, XML schema files and validation rules for submitting 2014 to 2015 school census data.
This is technical information about submitting data for the school census 2014 to 2015. It is for:
- suppliers of software for school management information systems (MIS)
- users of school MIS software
The business and technical specification sets out:
- what data schools should supply at school level and pupil level as part of the school census
- how to structure the data in XML
- how to check that data against the validation rules
Software suppliers should use the schema files so that schools can provide data in the correct XML format.
Suppliers should use the list of validation rules so that schools can validate the data they submit.
You should also read the common basic data set (CBDS). This defines common data items that schools use in MIS software and that we use in our data collections.
You may also be interested in technical specifications for creating school summary reports.
More guidance on submitting data for the school census is available.