Guidance for schools and local authorities on what data we need and how to submit it.
Software suppliers should read the:
- 2019 to 2020 technical specification and validation rules and the 2019 to 2020 summary reports for submitting 2019 to 2020 school census data
- 2020 to 2021 technical specification for submitting 2020 to 2021 school census data
For queries about submitting your data, contact us using our data collections service request form.
- Census dates Find out when the school census will open for each term.
- Changes from previous school census Any changes to the information we ask for or how it should be provided since the last academic year.
- What you need to send us Lists the data items you need to send us in the autumn, spring and summer census by school type.
- Data items Guidance about every piece of information you need to send us in autumn, spring and summer.
- Generate and submit your return Information on accessing and using our data collection systems to send us your school census data.
- Check your data Information on validating your data, resolving errors and checking any funding reports that use your school census return.
- Find a school census code List of codes to use when completing your school census.
- Statutory requirement, data sharing and regulations The legislation, guidance and best practice to follow.