Guidance for schools and local authorities on what data we need and how to submit it.
Software suppliers should read the:
- 2020 to 2021 technical specification
- 2020 to 2021 summary reports
- 2021 to 2022 technical specification
For queries about submitting your data, contact us using our data collections service request form.
- Census dates Find out when the school census will open for each term and what to do in unusual circumstances.
- Changes from previous school census Any changes to the information we ask for or how it should be provided since the 2020 to 2021 academic year.
- Which schools and pupils to include Find out which schools and pupils are in scope for the school census.
- Data items 2020 to 2021 Guidance about every piece of information you need to send us in autumn 2020, spring and summer 2021.
- Data items 2021 to 2022 Guidance about every piece of information you need to send us in autumn 2021, spring and summer 2022.
- Generate and submit your return Information on accessing and using our data collection systems to send us your school census data.
- Check your data Information on validating your data, resolving errors and checking any funding reports that use your school census return.
- Find a school census code List of codes to use when completing your school census.
- Statutory requirement, data sharing and regulations The legislation, guidance and best practice to follow.