A guide to help schools and local authorities (LAs) complete and submit their autumn 2017 to summer 2018 school census data.
This guide will help schools and local authorities:
- understand the purpose of the school census
- see the changes from the previous year’s census
- add the right level of data to their management information system
- update and maintain their data during the year
- complete the 2017 to 2018 school census data collections
This document should be used as a handbook for data collected for the purposes of the school census and stored in schools’ management information systems (MIS) throughout the year - not just as a guide for census days.
The business and technical specification is available.
More guidance on submitting school census data is also available.