Guidance on using pupil registers and attendance codes, and setting the school day and year.
This is for:
- alternative provision providers
- all school staff
- local authorities
It may also be useful for parents and carers.
It applies to:
- local-authority-maintained schools
- academies and free schools
- pupil referral units
- non-maintained special schools
- independent schools for pupil registers
This guidance will help you maintain high levels of school attendance and plan school hours, terms and holiday dates. It provides information about the interventions available to address pupils’ poor attendance and behaviour at school.
You should use it alongside the statutory guidance on parental measures for school attendance and behaviour.